To become prominent educational organization of agriculture and fishery sciences based on advanced
research, and Nation interest of need orientation laid on Pancasila (State Philospohy)
- Capability of providing an advanced agricultural and fishery education which to apply the developed science and knowledge on productive activity and service on society.
- Conducting research activity to support development of science and technology on agriculture
and fishery fields.
- To apply research and development results for society welfare.
To bring it's Vission and Mission into realization, The Faculty of Agriculture of Gadjah Mada University conducts it's basic principles base on the comitment and social responsibility also base on academic freedom in teaching, learning and scientific development also in technology.
Basic ideas in proposing of Faculty of Agriculture Gadjah Mada University are :
- Globalization in many degrees change the face of living e.g:
i) the effect of information and global communication have changed
the flowing of information it self,
ii) raises of competition among nations,multi-nations, including
competition among qualified human resources,
iv) raises issues in justice, human right, democration, and other
v) environmentally issues is getting stronger so the economic
development is now conditioned to put more atention to environment,
vi) decreasing of National Identity as the effect of
- Encounter those effects of globalization, higher education are expected to create qualified graduates simultaneously. That will be matched with The World
Declaration of Higher Education about Higher Education in Twenty-First
Century Vision and Action (UNESCO, 1999) which mentions that
education in high quality is a must.
- In present time, paradigm of development has altered from
sentralization onto desentralization, from government oriented onto
people oriented. Thats why skilled and educated human resources
whom independently planing and doing agricultural development are
needed to fulfill the need of farmer,
ecosystem, socio-economic, and culture in the region.
- Sustainable agricultural development is a form of a credible
agriculture which interacts with natural system as the results are
increase of productivity and agricultural resistance system with health
secure, integrity and stability maintenance of the natural system it self.
For all of those purposes an integrated approaching method is needed.